Inspiration – Window Boxes

WELCOME to the 2014  #AtoZ Blog Challenge

ec0bc9d385fc72677f442373c2391f18

Like container gardening, the artistry of window boxes is apparent the moment your eye rests on them. In a small amount of space you can achieve amazing results. Window boxes are not trouble free…water is a maintenance factor. Above, a box located in shade planted with inpatients and ferns. Simple, cost friendly, beautiful.

46d9dd775b5edbe1462142ecaca04c81Take the same plant material, add some ivy and a bit of red

9ccedad88db8cd89eaae7fbfff6b9751When cold weather rolls around you can stop watering and ‘plant’ a seasonal window box

Visit my Pinterest Board for more Window Box Inspiration

This entry was posted in AtoZ Blog Challenge -April 2014. Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to Inspiration – Window Boxes

People are so creative it is amazing.

2. I like the baubles in the window box idea 🙂 I often but a glass bowl of baubles in the middle of the table at Christmas, but perhaps this year I’ll put a few out in the wall basket by the front door.

3. Harliqueen says:

I love window boxes, unfortunately we can’t have any, but that doesn’t stop me browsing around and seeing what other people are doing.

Great post 😀

4. Omigosh, Stepheny. I have only one window box, and you did just inspire me to try something different there! What a great blog challenge you have going! Lovely gardens shared here! Thanks for adding to the world’s beauty with words and plants.

• Wish I could go with you to buy the plants you’re going to try. Don’t forget the sun/shade influence on what you buy. Oh, and a bag of potting soil in case your old soil is depleted. Have fun. Come back when you have time.

5. helenrj says:

Oh, I loved the window boxes. I wish I had a green thumb, but, alas, I am black thumb challenged. I will return for inspiration! I enjoyed the snippet about your book, too. Thanks for visiting my blog!

6. The window boxes are attractive, and I thought the 3rd one was a cool idea. Your Hollyhock post is nice too.

7. I like your shade box idea. I have a shady area that definitely needs some color.

8. Hello there. I always admired the creativity of window boxes. Maybe one day I’ll be able to have my own. For now, I’ll just admire everyone else’s. 😉 Thanks for sharing & for visiting my blog. All the best with the challenge!
    Entrepreneurial Goddess

9. F Kay says:

I don’t know why, but I’ve never considered window boxes for my home. Thanks for the inspiration!

10. Vidya Sury says:

Stepheny, I yearn to have a garden as I grew up with one during my childhood. I have space on my balcony but the pigeon population makes it very tough to maintain anything and so, I just try hard to keep it free from their poop, which in itself is a big challenge.

Window boxes look fabulous. Now why did I not think of an artificial one! 🙂 Great idea! I see I have a lot to catch up on your blog.

Thank you for stopping by my health blog and connecting (yes, I am participating with two blogs this year).

Love,

Vidya Sury
    Rocking the A to Z Challenge with Team Damyanti
    Juliet, Jemima
    Heart health and Diabetes

• Come back when you can for more gardens and related topics. If you can’t have your own garden, don’t do without. Visit them, read about them, take photographs, and use your imagination…the garden of your dreams.

11. marcy says:

I just found your blog and love these window boxes. Beautiful flowers, and a fun A to Z blog theme! marcyhowes.blogspot.com

12. shailajav says:

You clearly have an eye for gardening and beauty. Love that box on the window!

Stopping by from the A-Z challenge

~Shailaja’s latest A~Z post

13. “Planting” those baubles would probably be the closest I get – or should get, with my “black thumb” – to gardening. 🙂

Thanks for visiting my blog the other day!

Madeline @ The Shellshank Redemption
    Minion, Capt. Alex’s Ninja Minion Army
    The 2014 Blogging from A-Z Challenge

14. melissajanda says:

I love the seasonal window box. Well, I love all of them, but I’m sure I’d kill the first two. I can handle evergreen cuttings, pine cones and ornaments, lol.

15. Sammy D. says:

This is one of my favorite parts of Europe – the glorious windowboxes everywhere! Even the most modest houses have them.

16. Living in an apartment makes it next to possible for me to have a full fledged garden. Have always wanted a window box garden like this. It’s a space saver – lovely idea! Thanx for sharing!

17. I’ve never had a window box…maybe when we finally build our log cabin?

Donna B. McNicol
    A to Z Participant

18. Kristen says:

I can’t really have window boxes around here, but they are fantastic when you don’t have much room.

Random Musings from the KristenHead — I is for iPhone (and Indian Food)