A Water Feature in Your Garden

WELCOME to the 2014  #AtoZ Blog Challenge

Inspired By My Pinterest Boards:  This Year’s Category.  is GARDENING

2710ad6f384831ba577a3f20fce02281

“Just as a room without a mirror is dead, so a garden without water is never quite alive.” Beverly Nichols

Every garden needs a water feature….the sound of water you can hear through an open window, sitting near a pool on a hot summer day…water in the garden is a soothing balm for the gardeners soul.

d5353ae0d6093e95101b826af2fa9e16

There are endless possibilities when it comes to having a water feature in your garden. It all depends on your budget. You can buy this bamboo spout with water pump for around $60.00 There are several available sizes to fit the scale of your pot.

448fd8a57bfacf4d4982a409039c3fd9Can’t you hear the water splashing in this garden? This water feature elevates the subject. Hope you are fortunate to have a brick wall that you can utilize. This glazed pot underplanted with ferns is a lovely result.

6377c17020d8d9d323689309db32431a-1Well, we can dream can’t we? A bench, a bricked surface with concrete pool, water splashing…here is a pearl of great price in any garden.

This entry was posted in AtoZ Blog Challenge -April 2014 and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to A Water Feature in Your Garden

I like the bamboo spout feature.

2. shellymona says:

Yes …the sound of splashing water brings a soothing effect in the atmosphere…
    lovely images…I may say… a refreshing post

3. Donna says:

I love pictures of Beautiful gardens and have quite a few neighbors who spend hours out working on theirs. I’ve tried but never could keep it up.. Now my back yard has become doggy play ground. Thanks for your very kind comment on by post about vaults.

4. Robin says:

My garden is lacking a water feature. However, this year looks promising for harvesting actual vegetables. Last year was a miserable failure. So, I changed the plant date, moved the garden, and it looks pretty good so far. I will think about a water feature…:D

5. hilarymb says:

Hi Stepheny – gardens are always good for the soul … I look out over a not very inspiring one – and hope one today to get another of my own .. with a pond, or a water feature – they’re always encouraging to one and all .. flora and fauna .. cheers Hilary

Great inspirations. A water feature would be a great addition to any garden. Another thing for my shopping list!

7. We put a fountain in our front yard at our lake house – the sound of the water is so soothing. I would never consider a garden without one now! Great post!

8. wordstock16 says:

I don’t have a water feature but my neighbor has a pond with goldfish and from my porch, I can hear the water as it falls. That’s as good as it gets but I do enjoy my mornings on the porch, listening to her fountain and the birds in my trees.

9. I love these ideas. Do you have great sources for purchasing these fountain accessories?

10. I’ve always liked watching water in gardens. Very soothing to the soul.

11. Dawn Malone says:

Gosh, those pictures are beautiful. Someday I will have a very private garden where I can sit and write or read, without hearing the neighbors’ conversations next door. I especially love that orange urn! Orange is a favorite color – so cheerful!

12. Charlie says:

I might have to join you for some gardening tips as I’ve just started working on my own little patch of Eden in the back yard. I think I may have to go look at water features because of this post!

13. A water feature really does add to a garden and the sound of a soft trickle of the feature in the afternoon sun can be very soothing. Enjoy the rest of the Challenge.

14. suzjones says:

I have a water feature right outside my computer room window. I love it and find great peace in the sound of running water.

15. Liz Blocker says:

These pictures are so beautiful! I live in the city, so I don’t have a garden; I love to live vicariously through other people’s!!

Thanks for stopping by my blog! It IS hard to find time to write during this month. Blogging about my novel helps, but all the other blog visits are time consuming! Thank goodness for fun ones, like yours 🙂

16. There is a small fountain at our local garden store that I’ve got my eye on … and then there is the bright blue mosaic bird bath that I just adore. I’ve not yet picked between the two, but I hope to have one in my yard sometime shortly after Mother’s Day. 🙂

• Rosemary Verey was a famous English gardener-Barnsley House. I heard her say at a lecture here in the US that one should give a husband for his birthday what you have wanted in the garden. Maybe one of the items for mother’s day and the other for someone’s birthday. Hope it works out. If one is good, two is better.

17. I love the bamboo spout. We don’t have a fountain running in our garden,but I think we should. Beautiful pictures here.
    Deb@ http://debioneille.blogspot.com