AtoZ Blog Challenge – J – Jazz Chicago Style

WELCOME TO THE #CHALLENGE

‘FOLLOW ME’ SO YOU DON’T MISS THE FUN

images-5

The “Great Migration” of poor black workers from the South into the industrial cities brought traditional jazz and blues music to Chicago, resulting in Chicago blues and “Chicago-style” Dixieland jazz. If you like jazz,  Chicago is the place to enjoy it.

images-6

September 3 – 6, 2015 • Chicago Cultural Center, Millennium Park • FREE Admission

Known for its artistic creativity, the Chicago Jazz Festival is a favorite Labor Day Weekend tradition. It promotes awareness and appreciation for all forms of jazz through free, quality live musical performance. Since 1979, the festival’s mission is to showcase Chicago’s vast jazz talent alongside national and international artists to encourage and educate a jazz audience of all ages.

Enjoy this link – Chicago Jazz 1923-1929     http://youtu.be/aVmRkngg1ps

This entry was posted in AtoZ Blog Challenge April 2015 and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to AtoZ Blog Challenge – J – Jazz Chicago Style

I don’t listen to much Jazz which is a shame because it can be really uplifting.

2. I’ve only been to Chicago briefly, but we did manage to hear some blues and some jazz. The jazz clubs were lots of fun. Great choice for J.

3. Hi Stepheny, I don’t know much about jazz, but have heard some that I enjoyed a lot. Visited Chicago two years ago just before and just after labor day. We caught a couple of plays, but none of this festival. Maybe next time…anne stenhouse, Novels Now.

4. jazzfeathers says:

I wish one day I’ll be able to go 🙂

Hey, I have a post about jazz too, today!

My kind of town, Chicago is..my kind of town!

6. Oooo, you had me at JAZZ. I love it. Love love love it. Something about the shwanky blues and swinging rhythms speaks to my soul. I have been to a concert or two at Millennium Park, but it’s been several years. And we did find this one amazing restaurant in Chicago (I think it’s on Navy Pier) where a live jazz band was playing while we ate. Needless to say, I was in heaven.

7. Yvonne V says:

The Festival sounds like fun!

Stopping by from A to Z
    Yvonne

8. the little princess says:

Thanks for dropping by on my blog Stepheny! Nice to read about Jazz!!

9. Bish Denham says:

I grew up listening to jazz. Even sang in a jazz trio for a short time. Love jazz!

• Have you watched on Netflix the series Miss Fishers Murder Mysteries. Set in Australia, fabulous sets and costumes. AND…jazz. They always end with some great old jazz song with great lyrics. Turns out to be a great jazz fix. Highly recommend this to you.

10. I’ve passed through Chicago several times, but jazz, oh, I love jazz. Any music really, but there is something about the in and out movement of jazz, that sweet sound to my ear. My husband, the musician, agrees. Had a great visit here, Stepheny. You’ve got a new follower. 🙂