AtoZ Blog Challenge – X – A taXi in Rome

The #Challenge is almost over. Thank you for spending the month of April with me while we looked at the settings for the new novel. I hope you won’t disappear, leaving me missing you. Follow Me and let’s stay connected in this interesting blogging world.

images-12

Yes, I know it is a stretch, but as an only child, I tend to bend a rule if it suits me. How many challenges can I get away with X marks the spot? So….think of the letter X in taXi, and imagine a scene in my novel, Facing East, where Katherine White, the main character, has arrived in Rome. To find out why, you will have to read the book. When in Rome be sure to follow the instructions the hotel desk clerk gives Katherine. It will make things easier for you.

She asked the hotel desk clerk to order a taxi to take her to Vatican City. The young woman gave her strict instructions.
“Signora, you must always use an official taxi. They are white, with a “TAXI” sign on the roof and the Rome crest on the doors. Since we have ordered your taxi from the hotel the meter started running when it left a stand where it sits waiting. You will have a few euros on the meter when you get in. It’s okay. Here it is customary to round up the fare to a convenient amount like a tip, but not a tip, if you understand me.” Katherine thanked her, “Molte grazie.” She thought of Johanna’s warning that she would be ripped off in Rome by the taxi drivers. Not with the hotel looking out after her like this.  Facing East

images-13

This entry was posted in AtoZ Blog Challenge April 2015. Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to AtoZ Blog Challenge – X – A taXi in Rome

1. brhsteach says:

Stopping by from A-Z. I love the X post. They do drive so fast…and with little concern for lane placement. We took public transportation a good bit while there…and the buses terrified me. Let me know when this book is ready to read. I review for several companies…and I would love to read and review this book.

• The letter X always proves to be problematical. Glad taXi worked for you.The book, in paperback, is available on Amazon. Your kind offer to read and review would be lovely. I don’t have copies myself yet to send you one. Let’s talk! Thanks for stopping by the blog. Do come back.

2. That’s sure looks like an interesting story. I am glad you stopped by my blog and shared the link to your taXi story 🙂 Hope your protagonist wasn’t cheated!

3. Ruchi Singh says:

X for me was very difficult, but I managed somehow. Lovely to know about Rome and your upcoming book. Congrats and all the best!!

Great way to deal with the impossible X!

5. I imagine a majority of A TO Zers are stretching for X. there just aren’t enough words. Good post today.

6. Sue Kuentz says:

Hoping the hotel is watching after her! Fun post – almost wish I was there with her!
    @Door2LoreSue
    PowerofStoryABlog – Every Hero Has a Story

7. sarahwathen says:

Sigh. If only it were that easy to not be ripped off in Rome. I’d settle for safety, and I could write a book about the unsafe situation I got myself in, with my 5-year-old, in Rome. Maybe I will one day.

8. I think I’ll remember this if I ever make it to Rome! Lisa, co-host AtoZ 2015, @ http://www.lisabuiecollard.com

9. jazzfeathers says:

I know the traffic in Rome is terrible… and taxies are terrible anywhere 😉

Oh, I hope you don’t mind if I point this out: ‘senora’ is Spenish. The Italian is ‘signora’

10. Cindy says:

X has to be the worst letter of all. I’m all for whatever one has to do. I think making through the challenge is the important thing.

11. A taxi is a good one for X. Better than trying to work X-ray machine into it! That wouldn’t make for an exciting story setting.

Stephanie

12. Fee says:

X is such a difficult letter to deal with. I think most of the blogs I’ve stopped by today have ‘cheated’ a little bit 😀 I can’t believe that tomorrow’s the penultimate day – where did the time go? I’ve realised this evening that I’m really going to miss everybody.

Fee | Wee White Hoose
    Scottish Mythology and Folklore A-Z

13. Yeah, we got ripped off by a taxi driver when we went to Rome. He ran us around the city and charged us a bundle. Once we got the lay of the land, we realized our hotel was in walking distance of the train station.

X is a tough letter. I’m all for whatever works!

14. kimlhine says:

hi Stephany, just stopping by from the A-Z challenge to say Hello
    fellow A-Z blogger
    Kim in Australia

15. Interesting, brings back memories of my short time in Rome where one of the first things we were told was to watch our belongings. Great use of X, and yes, the Challenge is almost over. Phew.

16. leesha0304 says:

Creative post for the letter “x.” I bent the rules a little too for my “x” post, but hey, that’s why we’re creative writers. 😉

17. Interesting scene. Makes me wonder if Katherine is someone who receives unsolicited help from people a lot.
    The View from the Top of the Ladder