SFH Favorite Collected Quotes on Mondays -Alfred Austin

IMG_1921

“Show me your garden and I shall tell you what you are.”

Alfred Austin, England’s Poet Laureate 1896-1913

IMG_1922IMG_1925IMG_1927Spring has come to the Houghtlin Garden Started 6/1/13

This entry was posted in SFH Favorite Quotes. Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to SFH Favorite Collected Quotes on Mondays -Alfred Austin

Hooray! Spring has sprung!

• The cool weather has been great for a spring start for things. Too much heat forces growth and things get too legging. This has been a perfect start for a great year of gardening ahead. Enjoy!

2. I think my garden will tell you I’m a mess! 🙂 Lovely pics.

3. Linda Meyer says:

Our garden is beautiful from the bleeding hearts to the Lilacs, however, Larry
    is the gardner. If I was in charge I would have to move to Nashville, so you could
    me my friend. Enjoy your day.

4. John Holton says:

Sometimes Mary and I wonder what in heaven’s name we bought a house for, because neither of us is particularly adept at growing anything. It’s all we can do to mow the lawn…

5. Ah, but if you had a garden you would have less grass!

6. Is that a pink iris?

Looking good Stepheny.

8. Sandy says:

I might be in trouble then, lol, my gardens are in need of weeding at the moment. I started on 2 sections, but have 5 more to do. I really need to reduce my gardens sizes, the work is getting to be too much; but I do love pretty flowers, and color and scents they bring to the yard. Thank you for your visit through a-z reflections, much appreciated. I’m continuing to visit, to try and keep the momentum going. Even folks who don’t knit or crochet can help, their visits and cheerleading us on is also helpful.

• I am in the process of creating a new garden having moved to a blank slate two years the end of May. I am no longer able to be so ambitious, money-wise, or work, but love the progress. When I wrote the first novel, Greening of a Heart, set in the Cotswolds, it opens with the main character wedding in one of her mirrored herbaceous borders, wondering what she has gotten herself into. She finds weeding therapeutic; that’s one way to look at it. I’ll think of you when next out pulling some weeds myself.

9. Sandy says:

Therapeutic…I’ll try to look at it that way as well, lol Making blog rounds to let everyone know there’s a contest a foot.

10. cleemckenzie says:

You’re a gardner! I love you already, but I really do appreciate your visit to The Write Game Reflection Post and your magnificent comment. You made my day. Please come again. Bring seeds and garden gloves. I always need more of each. 🙂

11. What beautiful flowers. We’ve have the worst up and down weather in Louisiana, it’s like we never had spring. We jumped straight to summer . Many of my flowers didn’t come back from last year. I finally started working in the garden last weekend and it looks so neglected . Even my hydrangeas , which usually blossom all over one side of the house , look sad and depressed . I’m finally beginning to smell the gardenia bushes by my front door and that’s a plus . This time last year my backyard looked like a tropical area filled with super tall cannas and my elephant ears looked like they were on steroids. This year they are midgets. I hope everything begins to blossom soon. Gardening is my therapy and I’ve missed it, but now they weather if finally cooperating .
    I am number 424 on the reflection post sign up list.
    Melissa Sugar
    @msugar13
    Sugarlaw13@live.com

• Ah, a garden blogging buddy. Wish we could still through both are gardens and decide what would help your late blooming Spring garden and where I should put some new things as I continue to build a new garden. Like you, April was so busy with the challenge, I am now happy to turn my attention to the garden that is part of who I am. Why won’t my gardenia bushes take off and bloom? Should I feed them something? Thanks for sharing your garden with me through this post.