SFH Favorite Collected Quotes – Douglas Adams

“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.”

Douglas Adams, The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul

IMG_2002IMG_2001IMG_2003

Celebrating an up coming 2 yr. anniversary of our move to the ‘Cottage for Two.’ This became an occasion to built a new garden, to finish writing my second novel, Facing East, to join new organizations, and to think about a whole new chapter in my life. The subject will remain a mystery for now, but Adam’s quote applies. Are you living where you intended to go?

This entry was posted in SFH Favorite Quotes. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to SFH Favorite Collected Quotes – Douglas Adams

1. I sometimes think the most appropriate Douglas Adams quote for me is “I never could get the hang of Thursdays”!

2. johnvic8 says:

What a wonderful beginning of your new garden. I am excited to visualize how it is going to grow. Here’s a great quote from Judges, Chap 20, speaking of the Benjimanites: ,,,”every one could sling a stone at a hair and not miss.” Talk about precision:-)

Lovely garden, Stepheny and I will be getting to your book soon! And yes, I am where I want to be!

How beautiful–your house and gardens.

5. Cindy says:

Wow, your garden is beautiful and so well groomed. I’m still working on mine as usual. I always feel like I should be doing something more, but I probably am where I’m supposed to be.

• This is what is so great about gardening…it is your slice of heaven to take care of as you can, when you can, and enjoying it however it is. Wish the two of us could meet at the garden gate and stroll through both of them. Let’s imagine that, shall we?

6. Sandy says:

I don’t know, I sometimes think so, and other times……not so sure. Love the garden and the cottage.

7. dino0726 says:

Hi, Stepheny – What an adorable cottage. I love the layout of your landscape. 🙂
    @dino0726 from
    FictionZeal – Impartial, Straighforward Fiction Book Reviews

8. I am a huge Douglas Adams fan. We used to listen to ‘Hitchiker’s Guide to the Universe’, ‘The Restaurant at the End of the Universe’, and other Adams books during family car trips.

9. Happy 2nd Anniversary to you and nice to meet you. I’m on the A to Z Road Trip. And like my life, it’s where I am. Not what I intended to do. 🙂
    The View from the Top of the Ladder
    Take 25 to Hollister

10. Cottage for two sounds nice.
    Part of where I’m at was planned, part was not, but I think I’m right where God wants me.

11. I am adoring the cottage! Lovely! And I really like that quote. I believe it sums up nicely how my own life has turned out.
    On the Post A to Z Road Trip from S.E. Texas and Life & Faith in Caneyhead.