F – Fearington House Inn – Pittsboro, NC

Welcome to the #AtoZ Blog Challenge and a Tour of Hotels & Inns

th 1927 Colonial revival farmhouse,

Fearrington House Inn anchors a small residential community and retail complex just eight miles south of Chapel Hill, North Carolina. The community began in 1974 when R.B. Fitch and his late wife Jenny purchased the two-centuries old dairy farm from Jesse Fearrington. Jesse inherited the farm that was started by his great-great grandfather, William Cole who staked out a 640-acre claim in 1786. They named the community Fearrington to honor the stewardship of Jesse and his forebears.

th-3

I have spent hours wandering the gardens at Fearington. In every season their design and plant material is a gardener’s little bit of heaven.

th-7

th-5

I admit to being an addicted reader. Buying books at McIntyes in Fearington Village has cost me a lot of money over the years. There is nothing better than knowledgable book people and a vast selection of ‘can’t resist’ books to choose from. Check out this video: McIntyre Book Store at Fearington Village

Fearington Village and Inn provide those who live there, or visit, a southern pastoral scene risen from the farm fields of Chatham County, North Carolina. I think Wayne Gerard Trotman is right when he wrote…..

“A place without meaning is no place to be.”

This entry was posted in A to Z Blog Challenge April 2016 and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to F – Fearington House Inn – Pittsboro, NC

1. Beautiful gardens! I have to admit, I like formal green spaces better than squiggles and wiggles all over the yard.

2. trishafaye says:

What a beautiful place! Yet another one I’d love to visit.
    I love the theme you chose for A to Z!

• I have never stayed at the Inn, nor had one of their price-fixed dinners that people treat themselves to on special occasions. But the other restaurants, gardens, and book store are available for those of us on a budget. You would love it.

3. M Denise C says:

Looks like a small paradise (with a bookstore, too)!

• I agree. That’s why I have the Cicero quote on the top banner…if you have a garden and a library, you have everything. You would LOVE this special place where you can even sit before a fire in a comfy chair and look through the books you are considering. Wish I could take you there.

4. Kathe W. says:

the wisteria is amazing!

• When contained, it is amazing. Our North Carolina roadsides are full of it now where it got out and running. Be careful if you plant it as the roots will run across the lane and pop up in your neighbors rose garden.

5. patgarcia says:

I love old colonial homes. They remind me of some parts of England.

Visiting from the A to Z Blog Challenge.

Shalom,
    Patricia @ EverythingMustChange

6. claowue says:

Such a pretty house in a peaceful garden. Thanks for showing!

7. All that color. Must be a visual treat

8. That is a beautiful place! If I went there, I’d probably never want to leave.

~Ninja Minion Patricia Lynne aka Patricia Josephine~
    Story Dam
    Patricia Lynne, Indie Author

I had a book reading there! And of course my daughter was married there – a magical place for a wedding!

10. Nice to read you again (haven’t been around WordPress that much). And I see you are working on the challenge again — that’s great! You’ve got a wonderful theme as well 🙂 Very informational…

Me, I have decided not to participate this year, but I am actually just finishing my 2015 challenge and working on my “X” post, he he. I hope to be able to join again next year, when life won’t be such a mess, hopefully.

Write on!!!

11. Stephany, this is a beautiful place. Chapel Hill is a bit too far for us to drive for a day trip, but when you pass that way again I would like to pop in for a close up peak and photo session.
    ~Curious as a Cathy
    All Things Vintage: Flapper era #AprilA2z

12. Gail says:

This one had me upon sighting all that gorgeous wisteria!

13. Ferrington is our go to special dinner destination. The food is wonderful and the service is great. I’ve been to a few weddings there and the grounds were perfect for a wedding celebration.

14. Thanks for your comment on my blog. I looked through your list of hotels and this is one that I have actually stayed at, a treat from my in-laws many years back. I remember that they have a herd of charming black & white cows.