G – A Place In The Garden For Enjoying Tea

Welcome to letter G and to this year’s Theme:

The Glories of Tea With Stepheny

To share your garden is a reward for the time, money, planning and work invested in this sacred spot in your world. When designing a garden, you find advice on what to include: whimsey, the sound of water, a surprise around the curve in a pathway, a focal point where an important piece of sculpture or handsome container sits. Provide places to sit and view the garden. If you are lucky enough to have a Borrowed View, take advantage of that.  A garden is a lovely place to entertain. It may be an impromptu set up to sit and eat outdoors or a permanent place.  The following images speak for themselves. I hope they will give you the inspiration to carry your tea things outdoors and experience the piece of heaven you’ve worked hard to create. Enjoy!

A practical tip for enriching garden soil: Teabags enrich the soil by increasing nitrogen levels. Remove the tags first because they take a long time to break down, especially if they are plastic coated. Here is a quick article on how to use old tea bags to the benefit of your garden.

This entry was posted in AtoZ Blog Challenge -2020 and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to G – A Place In The Garden For Enjoying Tea

1. lmeyer59 says:

Beautiful pictures We spend a lot of time on our deck and looking atour garden, so enjoyable and peaceful

2. eschudel says:

It does taste better in the fresh air!

3. Kathe W. says:

Lovely images and such a great way to enjoy your day! See you tomorrow!

4. scr4pl80 says:

What beautiful settings for a tea party.

5. What a lovely reminder! A friend and I have begun having afternoon tea via FaceTime a couple times a week, and I’m going to insist that we sit in our respective outdoor spaces next time. (We’ve been sitting in our respective studies, but there’s no reason we couldn’t take our phones – and our tea – outside.)

6. Unishta says:

My parents have tea in a sit out overlooking their garden as it is really too small to sit on the lawn. I love afternoon tea out there but it isn’t half as fancy.

7. Anne Nydam says:

What beautiful and inviting photographs these are. Thanks for sharing!
    (Click the Blog link on the second row) : G is for Gotham

8. I’ve read now through the letter “G”. I Like tea, but… My daughter is a Tea addict. There are 15 different cans of loose tea as well as tea bags in my house just from her. My Wife has been doing more “sprucing” (her word) in the yard so now I’m reading about tea bags in the garden as well. What I’m trying to say is you just made me the household hero for the day with your Blog theme for the A to Z. Thank you, thank you very much 🙂

• You are definitely my hero too for joining me for tea. I mentioned that my mother used to say she knew a little bit about a lot of things. Who knew learning about tea bags in the garden would make the girls in your life love you all the more.